Friday, February 7, 2003

New Seminars: Patterns & PBD; C++ in Embedded Systems

I've recently developed two new C++ seminars and added descriptions of them
to my web site. Currently, they are available only for on-site
presentations, though it would not surprise me if I end up presenting one
or both at open-enrollment seminars in Germany in September.

Here are brief descriptions. Please consult their respective web pages for
details.

PATTERNS AND POLICY-BASED DESIGN. I've been getting a lot of inquiries
about design patterns recently, but it seems that few people know that
C++ is uniquely capable of generating flexible and efficient pattern
implementations. This seminar is my way of covering the patterns
material people want to know along with the C++ design techniques they
need to know in order to really exploit patterns in C++. As far as I
know, there's no other course like this, and I'm very excited about it.
I taught it for the first time last week, and it was a big hit.
Full Description: http://www.aristeia.com/patterns-and-pbd_frames.html

EFFECTIVE C++ IN AN EMBEDDED ENVIRONMENT. I mentioned the imminent
arrival of this seminar in a mailing last September, and I'm pleased to
say that it's now fully here. I'm even more pleased to report that the
embedded programmers who've attended the seminar have found the material
to be well suited to the concerns they confront. Short on bytes, cycles,
or a conforming C++ compiler, yet still want to take advantage of C++'s
modeling power, flexibility, efficiency or availability of outside tools?
Ask me how!
Full Description: http://www.aristeia.com/c++-in-embedded_frames.html

I also have a bunch of new talks I need to add to my Short Courses page
(http://www.aristeia.com/short-courses_frames.html). When I get them
added, I'll let you know.

Scott

No comments: